July 27, 2010

Our 3rd day on the road

First I would like to say that time changes really mess me up. I thought I was waking up at 6:45 so we could get showered, have breakfast and then on the road....but no dang central time zone had me waking up at 7:45 and by the time 7 of us showered (we didn't get in until after 11 Mountain time last night), had breakfast, got me a coffee fuled up we got on the road right before 10. It was only 77 miles to Iowa. About 50 miles into Iowa we saw a Bass Pro shop. We saw it, I said quietly to Clint we can stop if you want he said ok and went a little further up until the exit. Once were getting off the interstate we hear "where are my shoes" "I have mine on"... Bass Pro was not the only store in this area. There were a ton of places to stop. When we asked the boys were we were going they said "bass pro" at this time Clint or I hadn't even mentioned the stores name. We asked how they knew we were going there Noah said "I saw it and we started to get off on the exit so of course we were going there".



We had an extended break in Bass Pro then had lunch at Red Lobster. Once we got back on the road we called Clint's parents to find out where there were. They had told us the day before that they would also be headed to St Louis today. They were only a few minutes ahead of us and we met at a Wendys. The boys got to enjoy a frosty with Papa Jimmy for his birthday before they had to get back on the road.



Poor Mason has a problem with constipation and today it the day he finally has to go. It has been rough. The prunes, juice etc obviously isn't working so next stop I'm going to walgreens to get some Miralax.



We are now in Missouri this is the last state for the day. Tomorrow we go to Six Flags. Yay I love roller coasters!

No comments:

Post a Comment