January 4, 2011

Preserverence vs. Failure

The new year is always very exciting! I am always anxious to see what it may bring! Each year I make a few of the same resolutions. First to lose my "baby fat" as I like to think of it (well I actually didn't like to think of it). Second was to be better about sending cards, gifts etc. I am great about buying them and I buy them early. So early if fact that I had to wait to mail them so it didn't seem weird to be getting a birthday card 5 or 6 weeks early. I have found that I am really good at the waiting part. So good in fact that I wait until after the the holiday to send them if I even remember to send them at all.

This year I am excited to say that I get to change my resolutions a little! I was able to lose all of my baby weight! It was worth all of the sacrifice to see the extra pounds kindly given to me by each boy. First it was Mason, then I lost Ethan, then Jacob and finally Noah. I officially weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with Noah. I weigh less than the weight on my drivers license. 30 lbs. The weight of Mason is gone! Maybe it took so long because I felt bad about losing the gifts that each boy lovingly gave me. Thank goodness I can't lose the stretch marks from each of them!

So this year I will keep working on sending holiday cards in a timely fashion but I get to change the other one. I am also going to add a few more!

They are in no particular order:
  1. work on sending cards (thank you, birthday, holiday, just because)
  2. have a date with my honey every month
  3. work on my "remembering me" list
  4. organize my recipes
  5. finish the projects I start
  6. look at this list at least monthly

There are a few more things but they fall into the remembering me list that I haven't looked at in months (probably since the day after I posted the list).

Admitting that I have to add the same resolutions every year feels like failure. I do no like failing. So instead of looking at it as a failure I will think of these resolutions as on-going. I looked up the definition of resolution and at the end it listed the synonyms - resolve, determination, perseverance, tenacity, strength and fortitude.

These are the characteristics I am going to have to focus on. I am not going to focus on my failure of not completing one resolution. I am going to focus on the perseverance it took to finally lose the my baby fat!

2011 is going to be a great year!

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog and love you and your family. Thanks for posting :)

    ~Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats with the baby fat. I'm hoping all that breastfeeding will just melt away the fat to my pre-wedding weight. Wishful thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked amazing at Christmas, Lynze. How did you lose the weight? I'm down to my pre-Lewis weight and would love to keep going, but I can't resist chocolate, cookies, ice cream, cheese ... Plus I'm so tired, it's hard to find energy or time to exercise. Anyway, congratulations on losing the weight. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete